CHIPLEY, FL. – First of all, “Happy Mother’s Day,” to all those moms out there and those who serve in that mother role. Sunday May 10th I s really all about you and I hope you had a great day! At the start of this video, you’ll see a little shout out to my Mom, Ann… who I love so very much! If you’ve followed along, you may remember seeing her in my series, “Semi: Full-Time.”
Let’s talk chasing waterfalls at Falling Waters State Park. This park, located in Chipley Florida is a small or cozy park that you can really get away to and unwind. This is a place I’ve been to before and thought it was worth a revisit if you will.
A relatively quick trip outside of Tallahassee, this park loads up on the weekend, usually and the two times I’ve been there, there were a lot of tent campers and kids… teen or pre-teen so it can get a little loud, but I figure if they’re out and about and enjoying the experience… let them have fun.
The last time I was there, you could still hike a bit, however Hurricane Michael still had everything really closed off.
Unfortunately for me… the BIG let down, is one of the things they’re supposed to be noted for and that’s the waterfalls. You’ll see in the video what they actually look like and I guess I just imagined them being more impressive.
Here are the Rving basics:
- I stayed there 4 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $21.56 per night
- Cell service was good for me in the area. I have AT&T and two Hotspots one of which is Verizon and was able to get out and work
- When I stayed there, there were about 24 RV/Tent camping spots. And one main bathhouse in the center of the park
- When I was there, most of the hiking trails are still impacted by Hurricane Michael. There were NOT a lot of places to hike, but you can.
- There is a little lake/pond that has a sandy beach that you CAN go into the water, however I’ve not been in it yet.
And again for the entire month of May, I’m switching things up a bit and bringing you new episodes every Sunday! I hope you enjoy & if you do, leave a comment below, I love hearing from folks!
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: