BRISTOL, FL. – RVing is so much fun and I love it! And when I get a chance to go back to a pretty cool RV spot, I’m down for sure. So this time I’m RVing & Revisiting Torreya State Park.
This Florida State Park is located in Bristol Florida, just outside of Tallahassee so if you live in the city and want to escape for a bit and feel like you’re out there, this could be a good option for you.
Now I’ve been to this park a couple of times, once before Hurricane Michael and after and there is a huge change in how the park is. The last time I headed over there, almost all of the hiking trails were out of commission. I still managed to get my hike on, but it was more complicated than usual.
Here are the Rving basics:
- I stayed there 3 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $19.51 per night
- Cell service was good for me in the area. I have AT&T and two Hotspots one of which is Verizon and was able to get out and work
- When I stayed there, there were about 30 RV/Tent camping spots. They do have primitive camping and a yurt if you want to try that out.
- When I was there, most of the hiking trails are still impacted by Hurricane Michael. There were NOT a lot of places to hike, but you can.
- Overlooking the Apalachicola River there is the “Gregory House” an 1840s Civil War Plantation House that offers tours
- And there is a small boat launch
Remember, normally, there is new content here, all over Social Media @RVJedeye and on my blog @RVJedeye.com, EVERY other Sunday.
However for the month of May, I’m switching things up a bit and bringing you new episodes every Sunday! I hope you enjoy & if you do, leave a comment below, I love hearing from folks!
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at:
Looks like a very pretty park. Looked like full hook-ups, too?
Betty it is a really pretty park & worth exploring a little bit for sure😊
LikeLiked by 1 person