BLAINE, WA – I’ve been car camping in Washington for a little over a year and have hit some great places and it’s time to add another one to that list, “Birch Bay State Park.”
Located about 90 miles north of Seattle, it’s oh so close to the Canadian Border, you can see our neighbors to the north easily. This was a really good Washington State Park and one that I would recommend without a doubt.
Here’s the 411 on the trip:
- This was just a quick overnight stay, but I could have easily stayed a week or longer. For the 1 night after taxes it worked out to be $70.00 which was really $40.00 dollars per night, I added my yearly Discover Pass for $30 dollars, hence the total price
- I stayed in site #115… The site was easy to get into, and right across from one of the bath houses. The neighbors are a little close, but the trees and plants do provide some privacy.
- Cell service was great. I was able to use my phone all trip. I have AT&T.
- The facilities: The park has 147 campsites, 20 partial hookup sites, a dump station, eight restrooms, and 18 showers. Maximum site length is 60 feet (limited availability).
- Campsites are reservable between May 15 – Sept. 15
- I was easily able to book my reservation online at: https://washington.goingtocamp.com/
According the website:
“Staying overnight? The friendly campgrounds, basketball court and environmental education programs in summer ensure fun for the whole family. If you’re looking for a side trip, the U.S.- Canada border town of Blaine and the fascinating Peace Arch State Park are only 9 miles north, and the lively university city of Bellingham is 20 miles south. You can always spend an evening in town and return to the beachy bliss of Birch Bay.”
This is a park, you’ll want to check out for sure!
Don’t forget I’m posting
New Videos EVERY Sunday!
DISCLOSURE: AMAZON LINKS & STOREFRONT
Hey folks, great news I’m am a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as such, I earn money from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra to make a purchase using my links and it helps support the channel.
You can always check out my storefront and I’ll drop links into products I use and recommend. Thank you for supporting the channel!
GET SOME RVJEDEYE SWAG
You can pick something up now and if you take a picture of you with it and send it over, I’ll feature you on my website. To get some gear, just click on the link below:
HERE’S HOW TO FIND ME ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: