DES MOINES, WA – The weather is so much better right now than when I was car camping earlier this year and now it’s time to really get out here and explore. So for this week, we’re back on the road, discovering another great State Park.
“Saltwater State Park” is right between Tacoma and Seattle, which makes it a great stop, if you can get out of town avoiding the traffic AND… you don’t mind airplanes, because it’s in the flight path of the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Here’s the 411 on the trip:
- I booked my stay for 2 night and after taxes it worked out to be $72.00 or $36.00 dollars per night
- Note… I did leave later in the night on my second night. My trip was a Thursday and Friday night and on Friday night, there were a couple of very sketchy folks just outside of the camping area and a couple of more in the park near the water and I just wasn’t sure of the surroundings, so I left between 9pm-10pm
- I stayed in site #12… The site was easy to get into, beautiful right next to a creek and although it’s next to the road, it didn’t feel too close to it
- Warning, this park is right in the flight path of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and you WILL hear airplanes all day and all night. They stop close to 11p/11:30p it felt like, but then started up again around 5:00am the next morning.
- Cell service was great. I was able to use my phone all trip. I have AT&T.
- The facilities: The park has 35 campsites, one year round dump station, four restrooms, and two showers. Maximum site length is 50 feet (limited availability).
- There are NO primitive sites
- I was easily able to book my reservation online at: https://washington.goingtocamp.com/
According the website:
“Saltwater State Park delivers a sandy beach getaway on the edge of Washington’s largest urban area, and the park is only 2 miles from Interstate 5. Set on a stretch of shoreline between Tacoma and Seattle, Saltwater is one of the most popular Washington state parks. While you won’t often have the beach to yourself on a warm summer day, the atmosphere can’t be beat.”
Another interesting State Park, but it is very, very noisy!
Don’t forget I’m posting
New Videos EVERY Sunday!
DISCLOSURE: AMAZON LINKS & STOREFRONT
Hey folks, great news I’m am a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as such, I earn money from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra to make a purchase using my links and it helps support the channel.
You can always check out my storefront and I’ll drop links into products I use and recommend. Thank you for supporting the channel!
GET SOME RVJEDEYE SWAG
You can pick something up now and if you take a picture of you with it and send it over, I’ll feature you on my website. To get some gear, just click on the link below:
HERE’S HOW TO FIND ME ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: