STURGEON BAY, WI – The time has finally arrived! Time to take the RV out and explore. So I’m RV Camping Potawatomi State Park Sturgeon Bay Door County Wisconsin.
From going to Florida to get my RV and bring it back, I’ve been jonesing to get out and really start checking out all of the State Parks in Wisconsin. Now I tried to hit up one on my way back, Kettle Moraine, however that didn’t work out as planned.
This time, however, I was able to load up the rig and hit the road for a wonderful trip!
For me, Potawatomi State Park, is just about 50 minutes North of Green Bay, so a nice easy first State Park to explore. Located in Sturgeon Bay in Door County, this really is a beautiful spot to RV camp.
When you check out the video for this trip, I broke it down into 4 parts:
– I’ll take you through the process of getting on the road
– I’ll breakdown my take on Potawatomi State Park & my site
– We’ll go hiking together
– I’ll show you what I HOPE to get done to the RV this summer
As for the Rving basics and I like to do this for every park I stay at:
- I stayed there 2 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $33.87 per night
- I stayed in site #12 and it was not level at all, a little difficult to get into
- Cell service was really good for me in the area. I have AT&T and two Hotspots, Verizon and StraightTalk and I was able to do a little work, just using my AT & T phone HotSpot
- When I stayed there, it was in the middle of the week and the park was pretty packed
- There is a lot of great hiking in the area
- Right now, you have to check in and do everything online, there are Camp hosts in the park if you need them
- According the Wisconsin State Park Site: Camping opportunities include family and group campsites, indoor group camps, backpack and water access sites and equestrian campgrounds. There are also accessible campsites and cabins for persons with disabilities. Click on the link below for additional information on RV camping at the park
- Potawatomi State Park
- The New RV Adventures of RVJedeye Season 5
- The Complete “RVJedeye from Green Bay to Tallahassee & Back!” Mini Series
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: