CAMPBELLSPORT, WI – RV camping in my first Wisconsin State Park, turned out to be a bit of an adventure. Normally I’ve got RV camping down pretty much. In Florida, I knew some great spots, I knew how to set up and do everything, it has become easy.
However, after moving to Green Bay, then having to fly back down to Florida to pick up my RV and bring it back after sitting in storage for 7 months, I wasn’t quite sure how things were going to fully shake out.
After a little work in Tallahassee, I got on the road with my rig. Stopped at Mom’s and had a great visit. Then it was back on the road and after a quick stop at a Cracker Barrel overnight in Gurnee Illinois, I decided to try and treat myself to a couple of days in my first ever Wisconsin State Park.
The thought was, get a couple of nights in before I got back to the grind of work. I also looked at it as a chance to see how the rig really was and I was hoping to do some cleaning of it as well.
Well that was the plan, until my refrigerator started to give me an error message and it wasn’t cooling down at all! All of the food that I had picked up in Tallahassee was now almost bad. I was only scheduled to stay at Long Lake Campground in Kettle Moraine State Forest for 2 nights, however there was no way I could make it with all of my food going bad. So I had to make the tough decision to pack it up and bring her home.
So this breakdown of the park is a fair take on the park, however I didn’t get to do my true hiking and didn’t get to “Chef-It-Up!” Like I normally do.
Here are the Rving basics:
- I stayed there 2 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $33.87 per night
- I was in site 643
- Cell service was excellent for me in the area. I have AT&T and two additional “Hotspots” “Verizon” Jetpack & “StraightTalk.” I did not use either this time
- When I stayed there, there were about 200 camping sites with a mixture of tent and RV spots. And there are multiple bathhouses in the park
- Great hiking at the park
- There is also a lake that you can swim in/ boat and fish in as well
- According to the Wisconsin State Park website:
The Kettle Moraine Northern Unit is comprised of about 30,000 acres stretching 30 miles across Sheboygan, Fond du Lac and Washington Counties. The forest is managed for multiple use, including recreation management, sustainable forest products, water quality and soil protection, terrestrial and aquatic wildlife, native biological diversity and aesthetics.
- Kettle Moraine State Forest, Long Lake Campground
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- The Complete “RVJedeye from Green Bay to Tallahassee & Back!” Mini Series
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: