FEDERAL WAY, WA – First time winter car camping and the big question, was it a mistake? So I left Seattle for my first time winter car camping trip with hopes and a little fear, because this would be my first time cold weather camping in my Subaru Crosstrek,
Now before you chime in, I grew up in Massachusetts, also lived in Wisconsin so I DO know what winters are really like and here in Seattle, they are not quite the same, nonetheless it is January, technically winter and it did get into the low 30s.
Because this was my first time out and about during the cold weather, I hit up a state park, just about 45-50 minutes south of Seattle in Federal Way, called “Dash Point State Park.”
One thing I’ve always said, when exploring some place new in a new rig or doing something for the first time, try and go someplace not too far away from home to check things out. Now that I’ve car camped in the winter and have my systems worked out, I can branch out a little further next time.
I’ll drop them in the link below, but all in all I think I’m ready for so much more!
Here’s the 411 on the trip:
- I stayed there 1 night and after taxes it worked out to be $28.00 per night
- I stayed in site #22… A decent site. It is sloped a bit and the parking is close to the inner loop road and not very deep.
- Cell service was terrible, barely one bar and I was not able to use my phone at all at my site. I have AT&T.
- The facilities: 114 standard campsites, 27 utility campsites, one dump station, four restrooms and six showers. Maximum site length is 40 feet (limited availability). There are no primitive sites at this park.
- I was easily able to book my reservation online at: https://www.parks.wa.gov/223/Reservations
According the website:
“Hidden in plain sight between Seattle and Tacoma, this park offers miles of forested hiking and biking trails, but its main draw is the beach. The shoreline narrows at high tide, bringing anglers out to its pier. Low tide turns the sand flats into a play destination for locals, families with children and hip skim boarders surfing the shallow water.”
A great park to camp, hike and explore at!
Don’t forget I’m posting
New Videos EVERY Sunday!
DISCLOSURE: AMAZON LINKS & STOREFRONT
Hey folks, great news I’m am a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as such, I earn money from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra to make a purchase using my links and it helps support the channel.
You can always check out my storefront and I’ll drop links into products I use and recommend. Thank you for supporting the channel!
GET SOME RVJEDEYE SWAG
You can pick something up now and if you take a picture of you with it and send it over, I’ll feature you on my website. To get some gear, just click on the link below:
HERE’S HOW TO FIND ME ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: