LAKEBAY, WA – Awhile back I hit up Penrose Point State Park and had a really good time. After Penrose Point, I did something I had never done before and that’s head to another state park, but this time without having a reservation.
Right down the road from Penrose Point State Park, is Joemma Beach State Park, also in Lakebay Washington and you can’t reserve a spot online, you have to show up, see if there is a spot and stay.
Luckily enough, there was a spot for me and in one really cool spot.
Here’s the 411 on the trip:
- I stayed there 1 night and after taxes it worked out to be $12.00 per night
- I stayed in site #11… There are a lot of mature growth trees and amazing views of the water from the site.
- Cell service was mixed for me in the area. I never was completely out or range, but it was down to 1 or 2 bars. I have AT&T.
- The facilities: Only 19 primitive camping spots at the park. There were five vault bathrooms, but no showers.
- I tried to book online through the Washington State Park website, however at the time I went, you were not able to reserve online.
According the website:
“Set on Key Peninsula in the middle of South Puget Sound, Joemma Beach is a quick boat ride or a beautiful drive from Olympia, Tacoma and the shoreline communities in between. Camping is an uncrowded affair at this park; only 19 primitive tent sites, three hiker-biker sites and two Cascadia Marine Trail sites exist. ”
Without a doubt, of my state parks so far in Washington, this park… this site… was my favorite spot so far this year.
Don’t forget I’m posting
New Videos EVERY Sunday!
DISCLOSURE: AMAZON LINKS & STOREFRONT
Hey folks, great news I’m am a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as such, I earn money from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra to make a purchase using my links and it helps support the channel.
You can always check out my storefront and I’ll drop links into products I use and recommend. Thank you for supporting the channel!
NOW YOU CAN GET SOME RVJEDEYE SWAG
Just launching some RVJEDEYE swag! Pick something up, take a picture of you with it and send it over and I’ll feature you in a blog posted on my channel. To get some gear, just click on the link below:
HERE’S HOW TO FIND ME ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: