OCONTO COUNTY, WI – There is no question I feel like an RV virgin again. I remember back when I had my first RV and how nervous I was the very first time out in my rig and that’s exactly how I felt THIS time out in my RV.
The roof is fixed and I’m so ready to get out there and explore the area, it’s just that I feel like I don’t even know where to begin to a certain extent when it comes to RVing again.
Thank goodness, I did embrace some “Car Camping” to get out and about to keep exploring Wisconsin, but there’s no question, its a big difference camping in your car versus your RV… FUN, just really different.
I won’t lie, it was a little odd to be back out in the RV. From driving to set-up it I was clearly a little rusty. Even before I left, I went almost all of the way to my RV storage and remembered I forget something back at the apartment and had to go all of the way home to pick it up before I loaded up the RV and headed off!
As for the park, it is huge and spectacular! Here is the 411 on the trip:
- I stayed there 2 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $32.50 per night
- I stayed in site #25… It was easy to get into. Paved and had both water & electric
- Cell service was strong for me in the area. I have AT&T.
- There is a mixture of dry camping, electric & water sites as well as just electric sites.
- There is a bathhouse with showers, dump station, boat launch, 2 playground areas, a basketball court, but no real hiking.
- I booked online through the county site and there is a $5.00 booking fee
- According the County Site:
“North Bay Shore Recreation Area is located on the west shore of Green Bay North of Oconto. There are 34 daily sites and a group site to accommodate your camping stay. Campers may make reservations up to a year in advance (from the start date), and reserve for a minimum of two nights (three nights on holiday weekends) and a maximum of 14 days. Reservations may be made online.”
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at:
TO SEND MAIL YOU CAN ALSO WRITE ME AT:
David Lee and or “RVJEDEYE”
P.O. Box 8301
Green Bay, WI 54308