OCONTO COUNTY, WI – There is no question I feel like an RV virgin again. I remember back when I had my first RV and how nervous I was the very first time out in my rig and that’s exactly how I felt THIS time out in my RV.
The roof is fixed and I’m so ready to get out there and explore the area, it’s just that I feel like I don’t even know where to begin to a certain extent when it comes to RVing again.
Thank goodness, I did embrace some “Car Camping” to get out and about to keep exploring Wisconsin, but there’s no question, its a big difference camping in your car versus your RV… FUN, just really different.
|NO RV? NO PROBLEM… HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT “CAR CAMPING?”
I won’t lie, it was a little odd to be back out in the RV. From driving to set-up it I was clearly a little rusty. Even before I left, I went almost all of the way to my RV storage and remembered I forget something back at the apartment and had to go all of the way home to pick it up before I loaded up the RV and headed off!
As for the park, it is huge and spectacular! Here is the 411 on the trip:
- I stayed there 2 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $32.50 per night
- I stayed in site #25… It was easy to get into. Paved and had both water & electric
- Cell service was strong for me in the area. I have AT&T.
- There is a mixture of dry camping, electric & water sites as well as just electric sites.
- There is a bathhouse with showers, dump station, boat launch, 2 playground areas, a basketball court, but no real hiking.
- I booked online through the county site and there is a $5.00 booking fee
- According the County Site:
“North Bay Shore Recreation Area is located on the west shore of Green Bay North of Oconto. There are 34 daily sites and a group site to accommodate your camping stay. Campers may make reservations up to a year in advance (from the start date), and reserve for a minimum of two nights (three nights on holiday weekends) and a maximum of 14 days. Reservations may be made online.”
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at:
TO SEND MAIL YOU CAN ALSO WRITE ME AT:
David Lee and or “RVJEDEYE”
P.O. Box 8301
Green Bay, WI 54308
Glad to see you back in your RV, and also glad you do car camping. As a person with disabilities, I find car camping easier and more affordable. But I love to watch your experiences in an RV. Thanks for subscribing to my blog. Safe travels.
Thanks so much glad you like the content. I’m sharing it all RV… Car Camping… just getting out is fun for sure😁