BELGIUM, WI – I really should just start this off by saying, “Hey I just went to Belgium and man it was spectacular!” Now, I would be right, however it’s Belgium Wisconsin and “Harrington Beach State Park.”
The last time out, I went after work on a Friday night and hit up, “Peninsula State Park.” This time, I worked in the morning and took a half day, hit the road and headed Southeast from Green Bay to Belgium to “Harrington Beach State Park,” which was an easy drive.
I got really lucky too, because check in, is normally 3pm, but I got there early and thought I might have to just drive around the park or something, however when I drove past my site, no one was in it. I called back to the rangers office to confirm that no one was in my spot and that I could move in early and they said, “Yes!” So I set up camp.
After getting things all settled, I flipped the switch and went on a big hike early on in my stay. I hiked down to Lake Michigan, which was about a good 45 minutes one way. A long hike, but once I got to the lake, it was well worth it. I’ve said it many times, I love the water and seeing Lake Michigan was perfect after a big hike.
When I got back to my site, I had some chill time and the temps weren’t too high. Later that night I “Cheffed-It Up!” With a great meal you’ll see in a couple of episodes, I hope you like and it’s dedicated to a guy name Scott and his wife. Scott stopped by my site and recognized me from some of my videos. We talked for a good half hour. He said he and his wife liked some of my cooking, so I’m dedicating my “Cheffing-It-Up” video in a couple of weeks to them.
As for the park, it is huge and spectacular! Here is the 411 on the trip:
- I stayed there 1 night, where after taxes it worked out to be $37.75 per night
- I stayed in site #101… It was easy to get into. The bathroom location was about 3-4 minute walk or so from the site. It was a big site, the fire pit & picnic table are located above the parking area
- Cell service was strong for me in the area. I have AT&T.
- The sites don’t have a lot of mature trees, however most of the site really felt private because of how they were laid out. I saw a lot of RV’s and can imagine how great it would be to stay there in one.
- The facilities at the park, the bathhouse and shower were so clean and really great
- I booked online through the Wisconsin DNR website.
- According the DNR Site:
“Harrington Beach State Park has more than a mile of beach along Lake Michigan. This 715-acre park also features a white cedar and hardwood swamp, old field grasslands with restored wetland ponds and a scenic limestone quarry lake. Camp, sunbathe, picnic, hike, bird watch, fish or practice astronomy at one of the observatory’s monthly public viewings.”
This is the second time I’ve been East of Green Bay on Lake Michigan, last year I stopped at “Kholer-Andrae State Park” and very much like that park, I really enjoyed “Harrington Beach State Park” and will probably try to find a way to get there again.
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at:
RVJEDEYE “The Facebook”
RVJEDEYE “The Twitter”
RVJEDEYE “The Gram”
TO SEND MAIL YOU CAN ALSO WRITE ME AT:
David Lee and or “RVJEDEYE”
P.O. Box 8301
Green Bay, WI 54308