KEWASKUM, WI – Making an RV Stop at Mauthe Lake Wisconsin. A stop that may seem familiar if you’ve been following along for awhile and if you haven’t here’s the 411. See I stopped in the same location earlier in the year, however what was supposed to be a nice stop camping turned into a major problem with my RV.
Mauthe Lake Recreation Area is a smaller campground with a lot to offer. As the leaves turn in particular, the trees are gorgeous. When it’s really warm, I can imagine that this is a top go-to spot for families.
So as I mentioned, this is the second time I’ve tried to RV at Kettle Moraine State Forest. The first time, well it was a quick trip and not for a good reason.
In this video:
– Showing off the overall park
– We’ll take a cold morning hike
– A little fall cleaning in the rig
Checking out the RV basics of this trip like I do for every park I stay at:
- I stayed there 2 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $32.87 per night
- I stayed in site #221… Check in is 3pm, someone was in my spot when I arrived. The roads into the sites are a little narrow. In addition to RV’s & Travel trailers, there is also tent camping and a teepee as well.
- Cell service was good for me in the area. I have AT&T and two Hotspots, Verizon and StraightTalk and I was able to do a little work, just using my AT & T phone HotSpot
- Mauthe Lake is just next to the camping sites and you can boat and fish, although the boat dock was almost out of commission, flooded when I was there.
- There is a lot of great hiking, although the route around the lake was flooded, so you couldn’t get all of the way around. There are some biking trails as well.
- I booked online through the website and then checked in once I arrived. There are Camp hosts in the park if you need them.
- According the DNR Site:
“Mauthe Lake campground has 135 sites, including 51 electrical sites, one shower building with flush toilets in the 300 loop and several vault toilets throughout the campground. The beach area has playground equipment and vending machines with snacks and beverages.”
Click on the link below for additional information on RV camping at the park
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: