OK, here’s the deal. When I looked to schedule this trip in my RV, I just looked and when I thought I could hit the road. And when I looked at the calendar, this date came up. What I didn’t really think about when I was planning everything, was the fact that this particular weekend was a National Holiday. So that meant everyone and their brother who likes to RV and camp was going to be hitting the road with me. That made for some interesting challenges.
Whatever do I mean RVJedeye? Well in this episode you’ll find out about:
– Driving to a new State Park and sharing the road with everyone…
– What happens when the rain comes and it doesn’t stay all on the outside of your RV…
– Cheffing it Up: A great breakfast that I need YOUR help naming…
On this trip:
Just up the road from Gainesville Florida, you’ll find an interesting State Park, named O’Leno. A cool park, with lots of camping, around 61 spots for both RV’s and tent camping. All of the spots are for two vehicles as well. Watch out driving in though, the sites are uneven in a lot of spots and you’ll need your levelers. The hardest part may have actually been getting to the park in the rain on a 3-day weekend. So many folks on the road and too many not paying attention to the RV’s and just trying to cut in and out and making it difficult at times to drive. All I ask of you, those jutting in and out of traffic, just remember, RV’s and Semi’s can’t just stop on a dime. When you cut in, you make it a very dangerous situation. I digress… back to the park.
The bathhouse is clean, not too large. Cell service wasn’t bad for me, but I did have trouble with my over the air antenna. What was outstanding, was the hiking options in the area. Lot’s of long trails to really stretch out your legs and have a blast. All in all, not a bad park and I can imagine when it’s not raining and it’s not as packed, it would be extra beautiful.
– “Rain, Rain, Go Away… no Seriously Go Away!”…
Well thanks to the rain, I learned the hard way that I have a leak in the skylight of my RV in the shower and THAT has to get fixed sooner rather than later. I almost had tears in my eyes seeing the water come in. Thank goodness, that was the only place the H20 was coming in, however one of the new projects this summer will be stripping the caulking and re-caulking the skylight from the top to hopefully shut everything down.
– Cheffing it Up: Yeah it’s breakfast, but what do we call it?
Before I get to the recipe, I need your help. I have a pretty cool breakfast meal, but I’m not sure what to call it. Send in your name suggestions, I’m going to narrow everything down and then have everyone vote to come up with a name for this bad boy. Make your suggestions here and in the YouTube comments. Now to the meal!
2 strips of bacon
1 andouille sausage
2 hot sausage patties
¼ green bell pepper
3 new red potatoes
1 Roma tomato
¼ cup of milk
¼ cup of sour cream
¼ cup of shredded cheese
1 tbs of garlic
1 tsp of Paprika
1 tsp of rosemary
½ tsp of olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Wash, clean and poke potatoes with a fork. Place in microwave for 3 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove and set aside to cool before roughly chopping.
- Next, heat up medium to large frying pan that you can cover. Add a ½ teaspoon of Olive Oil, allow to warm up then place your back in. Cook bacon until crisp and remove from pan, placing on a paper towel to drain any excess fat.
- Using the bacon drippings in the pan, add in your two sausage patties, broken up and crumbled. Let them cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sausages have started to brown lightly, add in your Andouille sausage cut up in slices and let cook 1-2 minutes. Most Andouille sausages are pre-cooked so you don’t have to cook as long as your other meats.
- As the sausages cook, you want to add in your: Onions, Peppers, and Potatoes. Still to coat, then sprinkle in your spices. Garlic, Paprika, Rosemary, and Salt & Pepper. Stir again and cover for 2 minutes.
- While your pan is covered, crack your eggs into a bowl, add milk, 1 teaspoon of sour cream and salt & pepper. Beat until the eggs and milk are incorporated well.
- Heading back to your pan, uncover and add in your mushrooms and tomatoes, stir and cover for 1 minute.
- Remove cover from pan, stir to make sure everything is mixed and nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pan then add your egg mixture, making sure it covers all of the way to the sides of the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes without the cover, then cover and cook until eggs are fully set.
- Once the eggs have cooked all of the way through, add your shredded cheese on top, turn off the heat, cover and let the cheese melt.
As soon as the cheese melts, serve from pan or slide out the entire dish onto a serving plate and enjoy!
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. To continue to follow the adventures, you can find me at: RVJedeye.com
And at RVJedeye on Social: YouTube: The “Twitter”: The “Gram”: The “Facebook”: Reddit: Pinterest: Snapchat
Help support the channel through our Amazon affiliate link. Next time you order something, click here and help support the cause! (This is a FREE way to support us because we receive a small kickback for the purchases you make through our link)
“Childhood” by Mike Chino https://soundcloud.com/mike-chino Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b… Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/RWaPL0km2fs ––– • Contact the artist: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.facebook.com/mikechinomusichttps://twitter.com/mikechinomusichttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxSz…https://open.spotify.com/artist/2SDoe…https://splice.com/mikechinohttp://mikechinomusic.com/
“Great Days” by Joakim Karud http://soundcloud.com/joakimkarud Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/5lhZRunuJTs ––– • Contact the artist: email@example.com https://twitter.com/joakimkarudhttps://play.spotify.com/artist/0iAOX…https://itunes.apple.com/artist/joaki…https://www.patreon.com/joakimkarudhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVBU…
“You Me RV Funk”
M David Lee III
©2018 Triple Sticks Productions
M. David Lee III
©2016 Triple Sticks Productions