PORT ORCHARD, WA – Time to get out and explore the state. Since I’ve been in Washington, I’ve tried to really see what’s out there and one of the ways I really enjoy doing that is hitting up State Parks and this trip I’ve got a great one to share with you!
Manchester State Park is located in Port Orchard Washington. You can get there by driving and or taking the ferry, which I did this time to the park and back.
No doubt at the end of the year, this park will rank near the top of my stops in 2023!
Here’s the 411 on the trip:
- One night after taxes it worked out to be $40.00 dollars
- I stayed in site #47… The site was easy to get into, close to one of the bath houses and had good separation between sites
- Cell service was good. I was able to use my phone all trip. I have AT&T.
- The facilities: The park has 35 standard campsites, 15 partial hookup sites, a dump station, 2 restrooms, and 2 showers. Maximum site length is 60 feet (limited availability).
- Campsites are reservable year round up to 9 months in advance
- I was easily able to book my reservation online at: https://washington.goingtocamp.com/
According the website:
“Set on the shore of Rich Passage, Manchester State Park makes the perfect getaway for day-trippers or Puget Sound campers on a Kitsap Peninsula road trip. Military and maritime buffs will find intrigue at Manchester. The park is known for the large brick structure that was once a torpedo warehouse and an adjacent concrete casemate that once housed firing triggers and cables to the underwater torpedoes. The term “torpedo” was used to describe underwater mines in the early 20th century, when the fort was built to protect the shipyards at Bremerton. Middle Point, as the fort was called, stocked an underwater mine field during World War II.”
No quest THIS is a spot you want to get to!
Don’t forget I’m posting
New Videos EVERY Sunday!
DISCLOSURE: AMAZON LINKS & STOREFRONT
Hey folks, great news I’m am a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as such, I earn money from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra to make a purchase using my links and it helps support the channel.
You can always check out my storefront and I’ll drop links into products I use and recommend. Thank you for supporting the channel!
GET SOME RVJEDEYE SWAG
You can pick something up now and if you take a picture of you with it and send it over, I’ll feature you on my website. To get some gear, just click on the link below:
HERE’S HOW TO FIND ME ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: