CARNATION, WA – My RV is out of commission for the foreseeable future. And that means I could give up and take the next several months off until I figure out what happens next with the RV or I can do what I’ve decided to do and that is to get out there and embrace car camping!
Now I got into car camping back in 2021 after my roof blew off of my RV and I had to wait to get it fixed. While I was waiting I decided to try car camping and really enjoyed it.
Now, I’m back at it and this time it will probably be for a longer period of time, so I’m working on nailing down all of my systems and hitting the road to explore the Pacific Northwest.
So to kick things off, I took a bit of my own advice and for a first trip out in an RV or car camping, go far enough away that it feels like you’re getting out of town, but close enough so that if something goes wrong, you can get back to civilization relatively easy.
So with that in mind, my first car camping trip of the summer in Seattle… Tolt MacDonald Park & Campground in Carnation Washington.
Here’s the 411 on the trip:
- I stayed there 2 nights, and after taxes it worked out to be $25.00 per night
- I stayed in site #20… It is located off of the side of the park, in the back. The day use side of the park is just beyond some hedges and trees.The bathroom location was about 3-4 minute walk or so from the site and is the only one in the park. It was a big site, with a fire pit & picnic table
- Cell service was strong for me in the area. I have AT&T.
- The facilities at the park, the bathhouse and shower were clean, only two though as I recall in the bathhouse
- I booked online through the King County Government website.
According the website:
“The 575-acre Tolt-MacDonald Park and Campground is located in Carnation at the confluence of the Snoqualmie and Tolt Rivers in the beautiful Snoqualmie Valley. Because this is high-quality salmon habit, during the fall, visitors can observe chinook salmon spawning in the river below while eagles and osprey soaring above.”
Just a reminder, I’m posting New Videos EVERY Sunday!
DISCLOSURE: AMAZON LINKS & STOREFRONT
Hey folks, great news I’m am a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and as such, I earn money from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra to make a purchase using my links and it helps support the channel.
You can always check out my storefront and I’ll drop links into products I use and recommend. Thank you for supporting the channel!
NOW YOU CAN GET SOME RVJEDEYE SWAG
Just launching some RVJEDEYE swag! Pick something up, take a picture of you with it and send it over and I’ll feature you in a blog posted on my channel. To get some gear, just click on the link below:
HERE’S HOW TO FIND ME ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: