MILTON, FL. – Located in Milton or Holt Florida, depending on where you get off and get into the park, Blackwater River State Park in Florida is simply one of the best parks I’ve been to in a long time.
“But David, aka “RVJedeye” you’ve been to a lot of great parks in Florida?”
That’s true anonymous voice/commentator… You are correct! However when I went and checked out this bad boy I was floored. It is such a beautiful park and kept so clean, which is a huge issue when you get to State Parks.
This park reminded me a little bit of another of my favorite parks, Topsail Hill Preserve Park in Santa Rosa Beach Florida,. Again, another really clean park, but like Blackwater River, you have to to walk to the water a bit, but once you get there it’s so good you end up wanting to stay for hours just enjoying it.
Tucked away out in the Western part of Florida, it’s a little drive from where I lived in Tallahassee, about 2 and half hours. So it’s a state park within striking distance and a park you get to fully get away to and let your hair down.
Again right now, make sure you’re checking to see what the policies are regarding camping and staying there. If you can book a spot, don’t hesitate, pull the trigger and enjoy!
Here are the Rving basics:
- I stayed there 3 nights, where after taxes it worked out to be $24.63 per night
- Cell service was excellent for me in the area. I have AT&T and two Hotspots one of which is Verizon and was able to get out and work
- When I stayed there, there were about 30 RV/Tent camping spots. And one main bathhouse in the center of the park
- Great hiking at the park
- There are pavilions you can rent for the day
- According the Florida State Park Site:
The campground consists of 30 sites nestled among towering longleaf pine, magnolia trees and Atlantic white cedar. The Magnolia Loop features a playground that is easily viewed from most of the sites in the loop. The sites range from fully shaded too sunny.
Each campsite has 20, 30 and 50-amp electric service, potable water connections, RV sewer hookup, picnic table, fire ring and grill. The sites can accommodate all types of tent camping and 50- foot RVs. A playground is available for the kids.
From the campground, the Juniper Lake Trail opens up to the unspoiled beauty of the Blackwater River for hikers, beachgoers and anglers. A well-maintained restroom with showers is located between the t two loops, and is accessible via boardwalk from each camping loop.
- Pets are welcome in designated areas.
- A dump station is located on the campground road.
- Maximum RV length = 50 ft.
- Reservations may be made up to 11 months in advance through ReserveAmerica. Book online or call 800-326-3521 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) or TDD 888-433-0287.
Oh and don’t forget… if you’re looking for some fun grilling options for Memorial Day weekend or just in general, make sure you check out my Top 5 Fun things to grill article. I think it will help make any outdoor cooking night a fun one!
However for the entire month of May, I’m switching things up a bit and bringing you new episodes every Sunday! I hope you enjoy & if you do, leave a comment below, I love hearing from folks!
TO FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Hope you like the episode and if you do, subscribe, share the link and as always, I love to read your comments below. And to continue to follow the adventures, you can find me online at: