But the biggest project keeps starring at me every time I work on my rig and that’s the floor. I’ve known for a long time I’d be replacing the old carpet and vinyl flooring and as I get closer to the reality of it all, I’m looking forward to it like going to the dentist. You know you HAVE to go… you know it’s PROBABLY going to be painful… you know DURING it you’re going to be wishing you were ANYWHERE else… but in the end… you’ll feel better…. you’ve conquered a major milestone and heck it LOOKS better!
I’ve spent a lot of time online and in stores looking at various products and I’ve gone back and forth regarding “Peel & Stick” vinyl plank flooring versus “Click & Lock Floating” vinyl flooring and unless someone gives me a great reason now, that’s what I’m going to be going with.
So the main set of questions I have for those of you who’ve tackled the project before:
– What kind of flooring did YOU use?
– Did you remove all of the interior furniture or put your flooring around it?
– Did you put planks all under the driver and passenger foot areas?
– Did you recarpet or do something with the “Doghouse?”
– How did you pull up all of the carpet underneath the bed in the bedroom slide?
– What are some tips with dealing with the slides?
– And What should I know BEFORE I start this bad boy?
Again, I’ve been reading and looking at a lot of YouTube and Pinterest and online resources to try to prepare, but I have a feeling, until I get at it, I’m never ever going to be able to truly understand it all😀
Thoughts anyone? Anyone? Bueller… Bueller… Vodo…